Full-stack developer – Oslo
Sensonomic is a Norwegian startup located in Bergen, Oslo and London. We are building a software platform for the agricultural sector which enables users to test the outcome of their decisions before implementation. The platform combines company data with open data and satellite imagery to fuel computational simulations that visualize what-if scenarios for agricultural operations. We are a bunch of bright and varied folks — experienced in technology, geography and economics — with a vision of a bright, prosperous and inclusive future for agriculture.
We are looking for a curious, passionate and innovative full-stack developer to join our product team in Oslo.
Your responsibilities include:
- Participating in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond.
- Developing and maintaining highly reliable and scalable platform solutions, from architecture to UI
- Building APIs and UIs that are simple and powerful
- Maintaining quality, and ensure security and responsiveness of the platform.
- Working closely with our modeling team to develop algorithms and visualize intervention based model scenarios.
With regards to your skills and qualifications, you should:
- Have a bachelor or equivalent within informatics (computer science), mathematics or natural sciences
- Have at least 3 years of hands-on experience developing modern, web-based software
- Have a strong understanding of the whole web stack, and experience with developing responsive web applications
- Have experience with designing and implementing REST APIs
- Be comfortable working in an environment with the following technologies:
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform, Google AppEngine, Docker, Linux
- Backend: Python, Flask and Django; Java 11 and Vert.x
- Frontend: TypeScript, Leaflet, React
- Modeling: R, NetLogo, Python
- Have experience in implementing and managing PaaS solutions on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or similar
In addition, experience with GIS development and mobile development is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
We know ideas and excitement don’t pay the bills on their own. We offer a good salary, and the opportunity to participate in the company’s options scheme. The work day is flexible – work from home when you need to – but you do need a Norwegian/EU permanent work permit. We can also offer training to satisfy your desire to learn, and we will send you to conferences and training programs where they are relevant.
Our offices are located in the middle of Oslo city with free access to a gym downstairs and a subsidised lunch. Friday after-work social, anyone?
To apply, please send your CV and a few words on why you would like to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use “Full-stack developer application” in the subject of your email.
Comments are closed.